Tighten & Tone Coffee Scrub
While coffee makes me too jittery when I drink it, I can def appreciate all the benefits of applying it topically. That burst of caffeine you get when you drink does the same wonders when applying to your skin.
Coffee is a great exfoliator. It scrubs away dead skin, letting new healthy skin show. It prevents acne, reduce redness and evens out skin tone.
The caffeine in the coffee helps increase blood flow therefore reducing the appearance of cellulite. (I almost shed tears of excitement when I saw the magic happening to my thighs) It also tightens the skin helping reduce fine lines (Adios wrinkles!)
Coffee is a diuretic, this will help remove excess water from the body. Including those puffy eyes.
We have two versions of how we like to use this easy scrub. For a milder exfoliator, we do equal parts coffee and coconut flakes. For a deeper scrub we do half coffee half of brown sugar.
Olive oil is a great antioxidant and doesn’t clog pores. Its an excellent way to moisturize while simultaneously helping scrub away old skin.
Enjoy reducing that cellulite and waking up the skin as much we do !
Tighten & Ton Coffee Scrub
- ½ cup of Ground Coffee Bean
- ½ cup of Coconut flakes
- ½ cup of Ground coffee Bean
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of Coconut or Olive Oil
- Combines ingredients in a bowl mix evenly. Use a container you can store and feel comfortable bringing with you to the shower.
- In your shower, moisten your skin with warm water. It softens the skin and opens your pores making it easier for you to reap the benefits of your scrub.
- With your hands (or a spoon if you want to prevent any water from going into the container) scoop out a good amount and actively scrub in circular motion all over your body .
You can store at room temperature in a sealed container for 2 weeks.