Easy Kale Omelette over Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Amp up the nutrients in your eggs with this easy Kale omelette. We've served ours over simply roasted sweet potatoes. Because savory and sweet are always a yummy combination. Specially when its packed with our favorite superfood, king kale. This one is great for a heavy hearty breakfast or a quick power lunch, that will surely leave you satisfied.
- 2 eggs (beaten in a bowl)
- 2 small or 1 large chopped sweet potato
- 2 c melted coconut oil
- sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 1/4 red onion, skin removed chopped
- 1/4 red or green pepper slices
- 1 large bundle of Kale, chopped, large stems removed
- Preheat oven to 450
- Toss sweet potatoes, oil, salt, pepper and oregano in a bowl and mix until evenly coated on the potatoes.
- Reduce heat to 400-425
- Divide the potatoes in a baking tray and bake for 25-40 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender and golden.
While the roast potatoes
- Heat a pan with coconut/olive oil on medium-high heat
- once the lower medium hot add onion and kale and cook until tender (kale should become light green and onions soften)
- add a pinch of salt and pepper to onion/kale mixture and spread evenly into your pan
- add a pinch of salt and pepper to your beaten eggs and pour over mixture kale
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover until cooked
Serve on your sweet potato.